Treatment for Arthritis on Long Island
What is Arthritis? Most American don’t really know the answer to that question. Well, Arthritis is very common but is not well understood. People of all ages, gender, and races can suffer from arthritis at some point in their life. If you’re looking for Treatment for Arthritis on Long Island try our search engine!
A little background on arthritis:
- Most common among women and occurs more frequently as the person gets older.
- Arthritis joint symptoms are usually swelling, pain, stiffness and a limited range of motion.
- Sometimes the symptoms are not consistent (mild, moderate, and severe) and the pain and stiffness can come and go.
- Can cause permanent joint changes, which can become visible such as knobby finger joints, but most of the time you can only see the damage in an X-ray.
- Some types of arthritis can also affect the heart, eyes, lungs, kidneys, and skin as well as the joints.
Some ways to help reduce arthritis pain from increasing can be:
- Using hot and cold therapies
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Avoiding excessive repetitive movements
- Balancing activity with rest as well
How can physical therapy help arthritis? The goal of physical therapy is to get a person back to the point where he or she can perform normally, in everyday activities without having pain in their joints. Physical therapy can help:
- Improve the mobility and restoring the use of the affected joints.
- Increasing strength to support the joints.
- Hot and cold compresses on the joints.
- Learning how to exercise from the physical therapist so you can do it at home.
- Physical therapy focuses on the body’s ability to engage in movement.
Physical therapy’s idea is to limit the pain that arthritis is causing the person. It helps often because it gives the person some flexibility that he or she may of not be able to do before visiting a PT.
If you’re having trouble finding treatment for arthritis on Long Island, a visit PT Finder! It will guide you through this process every step of the way. PT Finder’s goal is to fit the best physical therapist for the person whom may be suffering from some kind of pain.